Washers work hard, but the fact is that you work harder and the last thing you want is to hand-wash clothes let alone linen. The problem is that frequent use and hard water will take their toll on your washing machine. One day it will start making noise or rock like a queen-star on the stage. It goes without saying that particular problems must be fixed by a certified washing machine technician. You will have no way of knowing which parts to check, which parts to replace, and how to replace them.
What you can do is show some respect to this hardworking laundry appliance! With our maintenance tips, you can keep the appliance in great working order and for much longer. If you feel that you can’t take care of your appliance or don’t have the time for it, you can always hire a pro to do the washer service for you. In either case, what’s important is to maintain the appliance to keep it working.
How to maintain your washer
1. Check out the washer’s hoses. They might be damaged, cracked, or kinked. Such problems will keep the appliance from working right and chances are that it will leak. So if the hoses are not in good condition, replace them.
2. Level your washer. If it’s not leveled, it will vibrate excessively especially as it spins. And the problem will keep getting worse. When the washer is vibrating, its parts will be eventually ruined. The appliance will bump in the adjacent walls and the noise will be annoying. Each washer has two or four adjustable legs. For most appliances, you will only have to adjust the front legs.
3. Clean the appliance regularly. There is no need to get fancy products found on the market. Simple baking soda mixed with water in the slot where you put the detergent will do. You can also add white vinegar in the drum and run an empty load. This solution will clean the washer’s tubes, built-up hard-water deposits, and mold.
4. Remove the soap dispenser and wash it. Soap and softener residue must be removed entirely. Check if there is mildew and wash it away under hot water.
5. If the appliance is scratched on the outside, use special paints to prevent it from rusting.
Extra tips to keep your washing machine in excellent shape
• Never overload the appliance. If the washer is overloaded, it will go off balance and this will create problems and thus washer repair expenses.
• Don’t overdo it with detergents. It’s best to follow the manual and all the instructions by the manufacturer. If you put too much soap, chances are that clothing won’t be rinsed well. Check if you have soft or hard water in your region. The softer the water, the less detergent you need.
• It’s best to remove and clean the soap dispenser after every cycle. This will prevent mildew contamination.
• Always leave the door ajar after cycles to avoid mildew growth inside the appliance.
• Don’t use the appliance if there is any problem with it. Call a tech for washing machine repair today to prevent problems from escalating.